Documenting the Coming Singularity

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

By 4:38 PM
It's been just about a month since I started blogging in a serious way, serious being code for "I want to make a living doing this." I know there are several million other bloggers trying to do the same thing, and I know that the odds are against me. But that's the thing, see? It's not about the odds, because I'm not trying to win the lottery. I'm trying to earn a living doing what I love (computers I love, and writing I love). I believe that if I work very hard at it, and if I stick with it, eventually I will build a loyal audience of folks who get something out of what I post. My goal is to begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel within 18 months.

I've been learning a lot, and I've been adapting as I learn. To be sure, this post isn't intended to pass on anything in terms of expertise, because I haven't yet accomplished my goals. However, in spite of the understandable doubt of some, I will succeed. No question. So I'm not sharing any advice, but I hope you stick with me so you can be a part of my achievement. We're in this together. We'll have fun along the way.

If you've found this article helpful, please consider making a donation. The Price of Rice! could use your support. Thanks!

0 comments :